Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wild Onions?

I'm still getting used to things out here. Most drivers go 10-15 over the posted limit. A bunch of trees in our front yard are blooming and their white petals are all over the yard and our cars, like we got some snow. And wild onions grow all over the place. I've never heard of this before. I first noticed the onions when we were at the boys' tee ball practice and I noticed a bunch of plants all over the fields that were taller than the normal grass. The next time I was out there, I looked closer and they were bunches of onions. Very strange. I just figured that the baseball fields had been an onion farm or something at one time. But then I noticed onions near most of the freeway exits, in the median, and lastly, in my back yard. Now, when I mow my grass, it smells like I chopped up some green onions. Not a bad smell, but not the normal smell of fresh cut grass that I am used to.

The boys are doing well and they love tee ball. Their first game is next Thursday and they are so excited. We just got their uniforms 2 days ago and they can't wait to try them on. They have some sort of 50th anniversary party for the local athletic club (which runs the baseball/softball/etc stuff) today. There is supposed to be a bunch of raffles for gift baskets, baked treats, and even an outdoor movie once the sun goes down. However, we are supposed to get rain tonight.

Allegra has been coming with me to the practices. She gets bored almost immediately, but eventually she finds a friend to play with. Every time we drive out of our little sub, she spots her new preschool and points it out for everybody. I think that she sees how much fun the boys are having at school and wants to join in.

Sydney is getting bigger all the time. She loves to be naked. She just kicks and wiggles and laughs like crazy.

No comments: