Saturday, February 23, 2008

So my new job has vision insurance and I hadn't seen an eye doc in many many moons. Last week was slow at work so I decided to get my eyes checked. I went in on Friday morning and the doc said I have a slight astigmatism, -0.5 or so. He hooked me up to this device that showed me what I could expect if I were to wear glasses. Man, what a difference. So it looks like I will need to wear glasses now. It's more for a "quality of life" benefit than strictly necessary, but if I'm going to buy glasses, I might as well use them, right?

I went back out to the lobby where they had a ton of frames for me to try out. But first they took a picture of me and ran my face through the computer to give me an idea of what shape I liked best. I was able to take the pictures back home and here are the before and after pix:

before
before


after
after

Not a bad improvement, if I say so myself.

No comments: