Saturday, March 29, 2008

Colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg

So we went to the Steele Creek Athletic Association (SCAA) 50th Anniversary celebration today. It had rained a little this morning, and it was still cloudy, so we were a bit apprehensive about getting rained on. However, we should have been more concerned with the temperature. It was in the mid 40s and windy. We didn't stay long, of course.

I forgot to mention that I got a new lawn mower the other day. Craftsman 6.50 ft-lbs, key start, variable speed self-propelled, 3-in-1 deck, 12" rear wheels, grunt, grunt, grunt. I love the key start. I simply charge the battery up overnight and it stays charged for a few months. I turn the key, and the mower starts without a hitch. No more pulling the damn rope starter, although it is still there. And since we have about 0.3 acres that need mowing, the self-propelled feature really saves my bacon. Even then, it still takes me over an hour to mow and edge the rear and front yards.

Allegra was trying to say "instead" today and ended up saying "it's dead". I don't remember what it was in reference to, but it still made me laugh.

No comments: